Monday, August 15, 2011

Shaped Burgers?

Why are hamburgers always round, why cant we ever get real, and go with octagonal, you could get Chuck Norris to do your marketing since he was in the movie, The Octagon!  Or a pentagon, or a triangle??
Saturday afternoon, we tried a typical-round burger at Square Burger in McKinney, so named because it is on the square in McKinney.
If you are a beer drinker, they have lots on tap and many more in bottles, including the hard to find Jester King label!  The burger was okay, I say so, because it was $9 and because it just was not the best burger I ever ate.
$9 is a lot to pay for an average burger; think of it this way, at In 'N Out, you can get a double-double w/cheese for $3.50.  At Twisted Root, it's $6 for a regular hamburger, and specialty burger's are $8, and I think Twisted Root makes a very good burger.  Or how about a 1/3 # burger at Chip's for $5!
So, all of this jib-jab to say, Square Burger is a bit square for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment